VOSAP Art from Heart Contest Specific Rules/Guidelines
Voice of SAP is a global advocacy non profit organization, promoting Empowerment of Specially Abled People. The program Art from Heart is aimed at spreading awareness, bring out emotions, expressions of creative mind to depict issues, solutions, visualize how inclusive society would be in year 2030 etc. One can also give expression of deeper thoughts of a Specially Abled Person.
The artist (person submitting entry) is a person who captures their own thoughts and ideas to create a visual piece of art. Accepted forms of visual art include sketching, drawing, painting, printmaking. Original Artwork only.
Examples include Participant can portray emotions, anxiety, aspirations, dreams of Specially Abled Person. It can also be related to real life challenges faced in the society by Visually impaired, Mobility impaired, Hearing impaired or Learning disability Specially Abled People.
An explanation of the art form might be a useful addition to the artist statement. Whether an entry displays use of formal technique or a simple approach, it will be judged primarily on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme, originality and creativity. Reproductions or enlargements of another artwork are not accepted. Artwork should refrain from containing any profanity or objectification of disability.
Copyright: Use of copyrighted material, including any copyrighted cartoon characters or likeness thereof, is NOT acceptable in any visual arts submission.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the theme may be submitted.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student / participant only.
- Participant can be student or adult as per 5 categories listed in the form.
- Dimensions must not exceed 24×30 inches, including matting.
- For the entry, include TWO digital images of artwork with your submission. (a) One image of your artwork and (b) another image of artist who created the artwork, holding the artwork. Allowed format is JPEG/JPG/PDF/TIFF/PNG. High resolution preferred
- Framed artwork and artwork containing loose materials is not accepted. Matting is accepted.
- Artwork that is selected will have to be submitted as per instructions provided later.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
Entries will be reviewed at national level (USA) and international level. VOSAP determines its own reviewers for the program. Entries will be reviewed primarily on how well the student uses their artistic vision to portray the theme, their originality and creativity. The National “VOSAP Art from Heart” program makes no restrictions on content or subject matter in artwork. Under no condition may parents or students contact a reviewer to dispute the status/score of any entry.
VOSAP in its sole discretion will select finalists for exhibition and provide awards/prizes. As a reference, here is the weightage given to 3 key criteria of evaluation
- Interpretation of Theme (40 pts.)
- Creativity (30 pts.)
- Technique (30 pts.)
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE.
- Last date to submit your entry is July 31 2020 at voiceofsap.org/artfromheart
- Awards and events will be announced on September 15, 2020 at voiceofsap.org/artfromheart
- 3 prizes in each entry category will be given at VOSAP event to be held on International Disability Day – December 3 2020
- Details of the award ceremony will be announced by October 31 2020
Ownership of any submission shall remain with the entrant unless donated to VOSAP. However, entry into this program constitutes entrant’s irrevocable permission and consent that VOSAP may display, copy, reproduce, enhance, print, sublicense, publish, distribute and create derivative works for VOSAP purposes. VOSAP is not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of entry into the VOSAP Art from Heart program constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions.
All participants must also follow Official Rules for Participation